General [GUIDE]: Switching bezel on Hublots

Discussion in 'Hublot Replicas' started by pushpull, Jan 9, 2017.

1. pushpull

pushpull Member
    Start a conversation

General
    I bought quite a few Hublots the last couple of months and I bought new bezels for most of them. Being a newbie I felt very uncertain at first on how to proceed switching bezel without causing any sort of damage. Eventually I figured out a neat way.

To a lot of you guys this might be useless info. I'm still writing this hoping it might come in handy for someone doing it for the first time. I learned the hard way that the screws easily scratch. The screws look fine but they are not that solid. Feel free to shout if you have comments, both on content and language (English is not my first language) and I will edit the post. Note: Some of these pictures are not that great (Iphone) and what looks like a red line on the side picture of the Black Magic with new bezel is just bad lighting.

Why switch bezel in the first place?
    Could be for a number of reasons but personally I would like my replicas to be as close as possible to the genuine model. Most of the Hublot replicas sold today (V6.5) come with 7 teeth bezels (meaning the amount of "dots" on the side of the bezel) while most of the genuine models come with 4.5 teeth bezels. Besides having 7 teeth the V6.5 Ice Bang comes with Titanium bezel while genuine model is Tungsten, which is a slightly darker material that makes the watch look way better in my opinion. I also think 4.5 teeth looks more badass in general.

Ice Bang V6.5 with original 7 teeth bezel in bottom and Tungsten 4.5 teeth on top
    [​IMG]

Where to buy bezels?
    As I am writing this it seems several Trusted Dealers are able to source you black ceramic 4.5 teeth bezels, both blank/shiny and matte versions. These are "V1" bezels which come with 4.5 teeth. Personally I paid $50 per bezel from a TD. The Ice Bang Tungsten bezel seems harder to get but a few members have bought both Tungsten and ceramic bezels with 4.5 teeth through Ebay. Do expect to pay slightly more on Ebay though.

3 x 4.5 teeth matte black V1 ceramic bezels sourced from TD
    [​IMG]

What you need to get started
    The only thing you need is the Hublot H screwdriver. This can also be obtained from most Trusted Dealers (around $15-$20) or you can buy them on Ebay. If you are buying your first Hublot replica I recommend you buy one right away disregarding if you plan to switch bezel or not. A lot of the screws are fairly loose on a brand new watch. Tightening the screws before you start wearing it might save you having to obtain new screws. If you do loose screws most Trusted Dealers can source you extras (around $5 per screw). For the same reason I recommend you get a general watch toolkit (cheap on Ebay) to tighten the non H screws.

Hublot H screwdriver
    [​IMG]

Removing original bezel
    There are 6 screws in total: The ones @2 & @4 are shorter while the rest have the same lenght. Make sure you really good light and place the watch on something soft to avoid scratching the caseback. I then slowly try to place the H screwdriver directly into the holes on both sides trying to avoid messing around on the surface of the screw. Once I feel I have a good grip I slowly unloosen them one by one, then I place them upside down in the same location they were on the bezel. As long as you make sure the short screws go @2 & @4 I'm sure it's no big deal is you misplace screws from the original location, but there's of course a slight chance there could be minor differences on the screws. Because of this I place them upside down so I put them back where they were. Don't worry about the sapphire/glass, it will stay locked in position even after bezel is removed.

Low resolution picture of a Hublot Big Bang without bezel
    [​IMG]

Putting on the new bezel
    I start by gently placing the bezel where it's suppose to be then put all the screws in the appropriate holes before I start to tighten any of them. This holds the bezel more or less in correct position. I then start screwing just a little bit on each of them before moving to the next one. If you completely tighten one screw then do the next bezel might be slightly out of position. This can make it harder to tighten other screws, raising the possibility you scratch something while using force, or you can mess up the screw threads. Using this approach you can adjust the bezel if needed as you tighten each screw a bit. Make sure they are tight, but not too tight. Keep in mind the screws are not that solid. Look at the watch sideways in good lighting. The watch will look best if top of each screw is in line with the bezel.

Voila, you are done. Not that hard at all, huh? :)

Black Magic v6.5 w/ V1 matte 4.5 teeth bezel
    [​IMG]

Black Magic v6.5 w/ V1 matte 4.5 teeth bezel #2
    [​IMG]

Ice Bang v6.5 w/ 4.5 teeth tungsten bezel & custom black croc strap
    [​IMG]

#1 pushpull, Jan 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  2. Ikasaki

Ikasaki New Member
    Start a conversation

Great work mate I got the same version hublot as you, and wish to customize as well. But bought 1 bezel wrongly wasted money

Sent from the RWI mobile app

3. pushpull

pushpull Member
    Start a conversation

Hey Ikasaki, sorry to hear you got a bad match. Not sure where it was purchased but most TDs who commonly sell Hublots will know what you are talking about if you ask for a "V1 4.5 teeth bezel" and explain which watch you are buying bezel for. They will usually send you a high resolution QC picture of the bezels too so you can check before it's shipped off.

If you are purchasing from Ebay and you feel uncertain just copy the link to RWI and I'm sure someone here will give you their input. Best of luck :)

Ikasaki likes this.
  4. John lumb

John lumb New Member
    Start a conversation

Hi pushpull your post is a great help I bought a big band Ferrari in Abu Dhabi unfortunate scratched the glass and bezel have just bought another one exactly the same it was working fine took it off for a couple of days and could not get it to start again second hand works though anyway have decided to swap the glass and bezel from the new to the old I cannot get the screws out they start to turn then stop any ideas ?

Sent from the RWI mobile app

5. DrTroy

DrTroy Member
    Start a conversation

Amazing tutorial!!! That is real TeamWork!!!! Thank bro!!!

6. Rich1210

Rich1210 Member
    Start a conversation

@pushpull where did you source these from please? i tried my usual TD recently and they said they were unavailable?

7. pushpull

pushpull Member
    Start a conversation

@Rich1210: Try Toro

@John lumb: No idea man, and I dont know what kind of rep you got. Sounds simply like the threads are broken.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)